Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spend Life With Who Makes You Happy, Not Who You Have To Impress

weheartit.com

Wow it's been a while! The last few weeks have been hectic with everything and finals are just around the corner! So exciting and nerve racking! This time of the year is always so bittersweet.  Classes are ending, summer is beginning.

This year has been such a learning and experimenting year.  There have been so many ups and downs, but I am truly blessed and believe there is a reason that everything has happened.  Life is all about learning, and  I think that is a lesson that we all must learn.  So many times we think we have the answers or we think that we should do something a certain way because that is how everyone else does it, or because we want to impress a certain person.  However, we need to learn to live for ourselves and not for everyone else. I know I am especially guilty of this.  I try so hard to please other people that I will forget about doing things for myself sometimes, or I will get so caught up in something and I will forget how to relax. I think that it is extremely essential to all of our well-being to learn how to relax and take time for ourselves.  This is obviously not the same for everyone, seeing as we are all different.  For one person relaxing could mean a quiet walk on a beach and for another person it could mean a run with loud music.

Now, I don't mean that we should not help and live for other people as well, but I believe that we should not sacrifice our individuality to someone else.  Sometimes we need to admit to ourselves that if we cannot be ourselves around someone or if someone doesn't make us happy then maybe it isn't meant to be, but that doesn't mean there isn't someone else out there who will make us happy. I do it all the time, and at the end of the day I will find myself somewhat disappointed in myself.  I think this is where the learning part comes in though.  I think we can learn from these times when we feel dissatisfied, and we can use them to become stronger individuals.  Individuality is something that we should NEVER sacrifice and NEVER let anyone take away from us.  We were all created differently for a reason, and all of our individual personalities and characteristics serve a unique function whether we know what it is yet or not.

So as a friend of mine once said, "Embrace your inner weirdo." We all need to learn to just be ourselves. Of course this doesn't happen over night, but it can happen eventually, I truly believe this.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment