Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Hope You Always Find A Reason To Smile



This is probably one of my all time favorite quotes. Why? Because of how much truth is behind it. 

I had a teacher in high school who used tell us that in life many people will ask us, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" but she always said that she would never ask us what we wanted to be because that's not what life is about, rather she would ask us, "Who do you want to be?" It makes complete sense.  We get so preoccupied on being a doctor, lawyer, or business man that we forget about the real meanings in life.  Instead I think it's more important focus on what kind of person we want to be just as this 5-year old did, and we should want to be happy.  

Is that not what life is about after all, finding what makes you truly happy? This kid and his mom had it right, happiness is the key to life.  If a grade were to be given on this assignment, I know for sure that my high school teacher would have given him an A+. Life shouldn't be just about what career you want to pursue, but what kind of person you want to be. I think the ultimate goal in life is to be happy -- truly, genuinely, happy. 

For myself, I would like to be happy when I grow up.  I hope that you all have the same hope, because as the mother in this quote said, "happiness is the key to life."

photo from we heartit.com


Namaste 

No comments:

Post a Comment