Thursday, April 7, 2011

Keep Trying, Hold On, and Always Believe In Yourself

"In your soul there are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you."
       -- Oscar Wilde
Photo from weheartit.com

When I see this quote I think of things such as creativity and imagination as well as love and compassion.  No one can take these things away from us. Sure, sometimes it might feel like it.

Have you ever thought about the person you are the hardest on? The person you constantly criticize or knock down? I would guess for most people it is yourself. But why do we do this? Why do we constantly beat ourselves up?  We can become so obsessed with perfection that we lose sight of reality.

It doesn't make sense. We are so hard on ourselves -- we doubt ourselves.

The same situation occurs, we fail at something, so we get discouraged, and we don't want to try anymore. We want to give up, or stop trying.  But why not take this failure as an opportunity to better ourselves? Why not use this as motivation to be better next time?

We all have the ability to be great. We can change the world. What it takes to do this is belief. Not only belief in the world, but also, and even more important, belief in yourself.  If you cannot believe in yourself why should anyone else believe in you? I know the times when I believe in myself are the times that I feel others believe in me too.  In order to this we have to learn to be honest with ourselves, we have to learn to be open with ourselves.  Am I saying that I believe in myself all of the time, and that I am open and honest with myself all of the time? NO, of course not. I wish I could say this.

However, what we can all do is not give up, and be confident in our words, actions, and thoughts.  Because with all of this we will slowly come to terms with believing in ourselves.

We all have something special that we are meant to share with the world, whether we know it or not, we do.  I think that is what Oscar Wilde is trying to say. We all have something so precious so wonderful inside of us -- yeah, maybe we don't know what it is yet but it's there -- and no one, can take that away.  How do we find out what this is? Well, I am guessing the best way to find it is to stop searching, let it find you, let it reveal itself.  Who knows it could reveal itself in a failure or in a second attempt after you fail.  Or maybe it could reveal itself when you feel like you are holding onto nothing or you feel like your alone. But I do think that the greatest gift is to believe in yourself.  Because when you believe in yourself, you are the best, most confident, loving, compassionate, you there is. When this happens you can make a difference in the world. We have to believe in ourselves. We have to love ourselves. It won't always be easy -- no one ever said it would be, but I have a feeling that it will be worth be.  because in believing in yourself so many doors open and the world just gets closer and closer to being a better place.


I think this song is a perfect example of taking that step to believe in yourself and make the world a better place. I hope that someone can enjoy it as much as I do.



Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment