Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Want To Be Happy With The Simplicity Of Life, To Stop Wanting More.

Photo from weheartit.com

If you are anything like me, you probably tend to make your life a little more chaotic and hectic than it needs to be. I find myself doing this all the time. However, I have been trying something a little different lately --  taking a break from all of the chaos [or at least trying to when I can] and just try to be happy and content with the simple things in life.

How often do we go through the daily motions of life and forget about how wonderful and beautiful everything in the world is that we just take for granted? Pretty often, I would say.  I mean think about it, when was the last time you took 5 or 10 minutes just to sit outside and enjoy nature?

We all do it, we get so caught up in the rush of life, and we think that the only way to be successful is by doing everything and anything.  But that's really not the way to be successful, or at least I don' think it is.  I think the best way to success is through happiness, and I think the way to get to this happiness is by taking a step back and just enjoying all of the simple things in life.  We take so many things for granted every single day.  I think this is something we all need to think about more, how often do we really stop and enjoy the simplicity of life. We are constantly wanting more and more. But why can't we just be happy with what we do have?  It always seems like someone else has it better or that you always seem to get the short end of the stick. If we could just learn to enjoy the simple things in life and stop fretting over what we don't have and wishing that we had more, I think we would slowly become much happier people in all aspects of life.

I was listening to a song today that I hadn't listened to in quite a while.  I listened to it a few times in a row because today I felt like it had a really special meaning to the way I was feeling. And it hits everything I was feeling perfectly. It talks about how we don't need a lot to hold us, even if we are alone we have the big sky to hold us. I think this song is so beautiful, and I hope that you can find the same beauty and develop your own understanding of it, just as I did. --It is called Big Sky, by Rachel Loy--
I hope you enjoy this song, as well as the beauty and simplicity of life.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment